About the Artist:
- SCA Name: Sara Penrose
- Branch: Barony of Loch Soilleir
About the Source:
- Time period: 1400s
- Country: France
- Modern Source: Rowan Watson, Illuminated Manuscripts and Their Makers,
V&A Publications, London, 2003, p. 5.
- Historical Source: French Book of Hours
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: Rapier prize scroll for the 2005 Defenders of the
- Scroll Recipient: Brendan McEwen
- Date of Completion: November 2005
- Paper: Arches #140 hot press
- Ink (calligraphy): Higgins Black Magic (black),
- Paint: Windsor & Newton gouache
- Gold: The gold is Schmincke Gold Pearl gouache, except for the medallion
in the lower right corner, which is 23k gold leaf.
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 11"
Additional notes: This is one of six scrolls with identical
designs but different color schemes and different symbols in the lower
right medallion. The other scrolls were for the Chivalric, A&S, Performance,
Archery, and Equestrian competitions.
VIEW #1 | DETAIL
VIEW #3 | DETAIL