About the Artist:
- SCA Name: Sara Penrose
- Branch: Barony of Loch Soilleir
About the Source:
- Time period: 1326-27
- Country: England
- Modern Source: Janet Backhouse, The Illuminated Page: Ten Centuries
of Manuscript Painting, University of Toronto Press, 1998, p. 110.
- Historical Source: De Secretis Secretorum, British Library Additional
MS 47680, f. 10
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: Bardic prize scroll
- Paper: Arches #140 hot press
- Ink (calligraphy): Higgins Black Magic
- Paint: Windsor & Newton gouache
- Gold: 23k gold leaf.
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 11"
Additional notes: This scroll was a prize scroll for
an unofficial bardic competition at Gulf War X. The Crowns of all three
host kingdoms - Ansteorra, Meridies, and Trimaris - were gracious enough
to sign the scroll.
VIEW #1 | DETAIL VIEW