About the Artist:
- SCA Name: Sara Penrose
- Branch: Barony of Loch Soilleir
About the Source:
- Time period: Mid 15th century
- Country: England
- Modern Source: Christopher de Hamel, The British Library Guide to
Manuscript Illumination: History and Techniques, The British Library,
2001, p. 62.
- Historical Source: Patternbook, British Library Sloane MS 1448A, f.
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: Invitation to Queen's Champion Tourney for Queen Conal
- Paper: Arches #140 hot press
- Date of Completion: December 2003
- Ink (calligraphy): Higgins Black Magic
- Paint: Windsor & Newton gouache
- Gold: 23k gold leaf.
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 5.5"
Additional notes: This scroll was a prize scroll for
an unofficial bardic competition at Gulf War X. The Crowns of all three
host kingdoms - Ansteorra, Meridies, and Trimaris - were gracious enough
to sign the scroll.
VIEW #1 | DETAIL VIEW