About the Artist:
- SCA Name: Lady Prudence the Curious
- Mundane Name: Esther Scott
- Branch: Shire of Emerald Keep
About the Source:
- Time period: Late 8th Century
- Country: Believed Ireland, definitive knowledge lost because of Viking
Raids in the early 9th Century.
- Modern source: Page 119. Celtic Design: Illuminated Letters.
Aidan Meehan. Thames and Hudson Inc: New York, New York. 1992 (reprinted
1994). ISBN: 0-500-27685-4. (In-print and lists about $16; available
through most on-line new book dealers.)
- Historical Source: The Book of Kells. Folio 277R.
- Script: Generic Celtic
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: Award of Arms (East Kingdom)
- Scroll Recipient: Glorianna of Clear Mountain
- Date of Completion: May 1998
- Paper: Aqvarelle Arches Watercolor Block – Hot Pressed
- Ink: Winsor & Newton Ink – 951 – Black India Ink
- Pen: Panache (Refillable Ink Cartridge) – with Extra-Fine Nib
- Paint: Winsor & Newton Artists’ Acrylic Color
- Dimensions: 14 by 20 inches
Additional Notes: Detail