About the Artist:
- SCA Name: Lady Prudence the Curious
- Mundane Name: Esther Scott
- Branch: Shire of Emerald Keep
About the Source:
- Time period: 8th Century
- Country: British Isles
- Modern source: For the Initial “R” - Page 127. Meehan.
For the Angular Capitals – Pages 145-156, in particular page 146.
Meehan. For the Border – Pages 45and 53. Backhouse.
Meehan, Aidan. Celtic Design: Illuminated Letters. Thames
and Hudson Inc: New York, New York. 1992 (reprinted 1994). ISBN: 0-500-27685-4.
(In-print and lists about $16; available through most on-line new
Backhouse, Janet. The Lindisfarne Gospels. Phaidon Press Limited:
London, England. 1981 (with reprints 1987, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993).
ISBN: 0-7148-2148-9 hardback. ISBN: 0-7148-2461-5 paperback. (As of
September 2007, there are over 20 copies available under $20 at Bookfinder.com.
This book is in-print, and the 2001 reprint is available at the British
- Historical Source: The Lindisfarne Gospels, in particular folios 29
and 211. The Book of Kells, in particular folios 283R
- Script: Generic Celtic
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: Bible Verse
- Scroll Recipient: n/a
- Date of Completion: June 2000
- Paper: Aqvarelle Arches Watercolor Block – Hot Pressed
- Ink: Winsor & Newton Ink – 951 – Black India Ink
- Pen: Panache (Refillable Ink Cartridge) – with Extra-Fine Nib
- Paint: Winsor & Newton Artists’ Acrylic Color
- Dimensions: 14 by 20 inches
Additional Notes:I always loved the border where the
cat has birds inside.
Detail View #1
| Detail View #2