Full View: Section 1 (left)
Full View: Section 2 (center)
Full View: Section 3 (right)
About the Artist:
- SCA Name: Lady Prudence the Curious
- Mundane Name: Esther Scott
- Branch: Shire of Emerald Keep
About the Source:
- Time period: created from 1477 to 1490
- Country: The Netherlands
- Modern source: Illustrations 35, and bird pages throughout the book.
The Master of Mary of Burgundy: A Book of Hours for Engelbert of
Nassau. Introduction and Legends by J.J.G. Alexander. George Braziller:
New York, New York. 1970. ISBN 0-8076-0578-6 (slipcased edition). ISBN
0-8076-1332-0 (jacketed edition).
- Historical Source: The Master of Mary of Burgundy. Folio 40 and the
bird pages throughout the manuscript.
- Script: Generic Carolingia Miniscule, which is not right for the illustrations,
but I was still learning general calligraphy in 1998.
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: Court Baroncy (East Kingdom)
- Scroll Recipient: Katherine Barr of Cumberland
- Date of Completion: May 1998
- Paper: Hot Pressed watercolor bloc
- Ink: Winsor & Newton Ink – 951 – Black India Ink
- Pen: Panache (Refillable Ink Cartridge) – with Extra-Fine Nib
- Paint: Winsor & Newton Artists’ Acrylic Color
- Dimensions: Oversized then cut down for the three panel effect
Additional Notes: This was my first multi-panel scroll
from the Master of Mary of Burgundy. Being a calligrapher, I always want
to do the all text pages. This allowed me to do some.