About the Artist:
- SCA Name: Sara Penrose
- Branch: Barony of Loch Soilleir
About the Source:
- Time period: Late 14th century
- Country: France
- Modern Source: Pamela Porter, Medieval Warfare in Manuscripts, University
of Toronto Press, 2000, p 12.
- Historical Source: Book of Hours, Add. MS 23145, f. 37v (British Library)
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: King's Champion Prize Scroll
- Scroll Recipient: Alaric Drake
- Date of Completion: January 2004
- Paper: Arches #140 hot press
- Ink (calligraphy): Higgins Black Magic (black),
- Paint: Windsor & Newton gouache
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 5.5"
Additional notes: Once the winner of the list was determined,
I painted his arms on the blank shield carried by the man on horseback.
VIEW #1 | DETAIL
VIEW #2 | DETAIL